IHE Opens Registration for North American Connectathon 2016
IVD vendors that are interested in testing their LAW Profile implementation are invited to participate in the IHE NA Connectathon 2016 event that will take place Jan 25th through Jan 29th at the Cleveland Convention Center in Cleveland Ohio. The following vendors have already committed to participate: Abbott, Beckman Coulter, bioMerieux, Clinisys, Data Innovations, Orchard Software, Roche, and Siemens Healthcare.
Registration for the North American Connectathon 2016 is now open!
The purpose of the new IHE LAW Profile is to improve interoperability between IVD testing systems and health informatics systems by reducing complexity and variability in the exchange of information related to patient and QC test orders and to the result thereof. IHE LAW 1.4 was released on March 16, 2015 and available for download at:
The IHE/IICC LAW Profile:
- Is commercially available and ready for implementation
- Is a global standard (CLSI AUTO16*)
- Substantially reduces connectivity installation cost and time
- Supports federal guidelines on Meaningful Use
- Improves integrity of patient data
- Standardizes the data flow of IVD patient and QC test work order steps and results between instruments, middleware, and LIS systems
- Supports rerun and reflex testing
- Is HL7 2.5.1 based
- Supports LOINC® (and JLAC10) vocabularies
- Has extensive implementation and test resources available
(*) scheduled for publication later this year.
About IICC – The IICC has worked with several standards organizations to develop a new interoperability framework that provides plug-n-play connectivity between instruments, middleware, and LIS systems in the laboratory. The resulting IICC standard is documented in the IHE Laboratory Analytical Workflow (LAW) profile.
Chief Marketing Officer