The IVD Industry Connectivity Consortium (IICC) will showcase analyzer and analyzer manager implementations from vendors that completed the LAW Profile Virtual Connectathon 2015 at Booth #4049 during the AACC 2015 Annual Conference Atlanta, GA (July 28 – July 30, 2015).
Included are Abbott Diagnostics, Beckman Coulter, Inpeco SA, Omnilab, Orchard Software, and Siemens Healthcare, all having successfully tested their LAW Profile v1.4 implementations. The entire event was held online and included 3 analyzers and 3 analyzer managers. IICC will conduct live presentations on Booth #4049 at 10AM and 2PM, Tuesday 7/28, Wednesday 7/29, and Thursday 7/30 (*morning only).
A press briefing is scheduled for:
- Tuesday July 28 at 1PM EST
Room B208 – Georgia WCC – Atlanta, GAStop by the IICC booth #4049
For additional information on IICC and the Laboratory Analytical Workflow (LAW) profile, go to www.ivdconnectivity.org
Serge Jonnaert, Chief Marketing Officer
Plan ahead for the IHE NA Connectathon 2016! (Jan 25 – Jan 29, 2016) – Vendors that are interested in testing their LAW Profile implementation are invited to participate in the IHE NA Connectathon 2016 event that will take place Jan 25th through Jan 29th at the Cleveland Convention Center in Cleveland Ohio. The following vendors have already committed to participate: Abbott, Beckman Coulter, bioMerieux, Clinisys, Data Innovations, Orchard Software, Roche, and Siemens Healthcare. For more information [Click Here]
About IICC – The IICC has worked with several standards organizations to develop a new interoperability framework that provides plug-n-play connectivity between instruments, middleware, and LIS systems in the laboratory. The resulting IICC standard is documented in the IHE Laboratory Analytical Workflow (LAW) profile.
The IHE/IICC LAW Profile:
- Is commercially available and ready for implementation
- Is a global standard (CLSI AUTO16*)
- Substantially reduces connectivity installation cost and time
- Supports federal guidelines on Meaningful Use
- Improves integrity of patient data
- Standardizes the data flow of IVD patient and QC test work order steps and results between instruments, middleware, and LIS systems
- Supports rerun and reflex testing
- Is HL7 2.5.1 based
- Supports LOINC® (and JLAC10) vocabularies
- Has extensive implementation and test resources available(*) scheduled for publication later this year.